The only way we can overcome the latest organized nationwide attacks on the middle and working class of our country is to vote for the people who champion the values we cherish.
Unfortunately, the tsunami of corporate money running roughshod over our political system was ushered in by the Citizens United ruling. Thanks U.S. Supreme Court!
We have to make sure to ignore the attack ads and pay close attention to the candidates histories and what they're saying on the campaign trail. Part of the reason we're in this mess is because so many people just rely on one source of information (Fox Misinforpinion News Channel) and/or spoon feeding of attack ads to make their voting decisions! This has to stop.
We must be Empathetic, Informed, Engaged, Involved and Outraged! Or as Old McDonald said...E-I-E-I-O! You may feel overwhelmed or insignificant, powerless to do anything about so many big problems, right? WRONG!
No matter how large or small, any contribution can make a difference, especially when there are so many of us out there.
The number of registered Republican voters: 55 million
The number of registered Democratic voters: 72 million
The number of registered Independent voters: 42 million
I like those numbers. Let's use the power of numbers to restore the middle and working class back to its former glory and make our economy and country thrive again.
Feel free to send us your comments and suggestions.
Here are things you can do to get involved and make a difference:
- Contact the White House – 202-456-1111
- Contact the Democratic National Committee – 202-863-8000
- Contact Your Senators and Representatives
- Contact Your State Democratic Party
- Volunteer for Organizing For America
- Write letters to the editor of as many newspapers as you can.
- Volunteer for voter registration drives.This is especially important in light of recent voter legislation in many states.
- Tell everyone you know or meet about our website. We are all about helping people make informed and educated voting decisions.
- Contribute to our website! We are always looking for new content, weblinks and ideas.