Outrages abound in today's world but I wanted to rant about some I consider more notable and politically charged. Hopefully I can keep these in the forefront of the collective conscience as they should never be forgotten.
- The Bush administration response to Hurricane Katrina. Heckuva job Brownie - you fucking moron. Need I say more? At least Brad Pitt is doing something to help recovery.
- The outing of Valerie Plame, a top level CIA operative. Watch the movie "Fair Game" starring Sean Penn and Naomi Watts to get the full story about this tragedy which was outrageously downplayed by the right. If this had happened under a Democratic president (e.g. Clinton or Obama) there would be talk of impeachment, treason, etc. Instead Scooter Libby received a slap on the wrist and then a commuted sentence by Dumbya. Un-fucking-believable.
- The financial meltdown of 2008 which could have been prevented if the greedy criminals of Wall Street had been even a little more responsible with the way they managed money. Then the banks didn't lend the bailout money as they were supposed to. Watch the movies "Inside Job" and "Too Big To Fail" and you'll likely understand why it's listed here as an outrage. What is also an outrage is that the Obama administration has yet to go after any of the Wall Street criminals responsible for the mess.
- The Bush administration took a record government surplus and more than doubled our national deficit by giving trillions in tax cuts to corporations and the wealthiest people in the country, starting two wars not paid for or on the books, rammed thru an unpaid for Medicare prescription bill which was a boon to the insurance and pharmaceutical industry and continued de-regulating the financial sector. Actually this isn't even the worst of it, the REAL outrage is how the Republicans can actually say "Quit blaming Bush" and try pinning our current economic situation on Obama! Huh? The worst thing is now they're bashing on the Obama administration for high unemployment and slow job growth. As of June 2011, the Obama administration's job creation record is showing 15 straight months of private sector job creation. The month that President Obama took office, we were LOSING 750,000 jobs PER MONTH. Simple math lesson - if our job creation number is a positive integer, we should be happy. It's when we're LOSING jobs that everyone should be unhappy. As for those on the right, they have no business hammering Obama for the jobs numbers since their previous administration was a job creation disaster and their current policies are also job creation disasters or should I say they're non existent.
- The Bush administration received a FREE pass on 9/11. The only person held accountable for 9/11 is Bill Maher! Despite the fact that the outgoing Clinton administration tried to warn the incoming Bush administration that Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden were some of the greatest threats we faced, they ignored it. The PDB in August of 2001 that claimed Bin Laden was determined to attack from within US using hijacked commercial airliners kind of spells it out - unless you're the grossly incompetent Bush administration. Huh?
Can you think of an outrage I missed? If so, post it below!